Okay, let me begin by explaining that I have never been a coupon shopper. I've never clipped coupons regularly. I've never spent too much time scouting out the very best deals on grocery items. But then I ran across a fellow blogger's post (click here) about how she saved serious $, so I thought I'd give it a try. I am so glad I did! I purchased all of the items below at Walgreens, which I never used to shop at for much other than photo processing or medicine...but not anymore! Between the Register Rewards items and some really good deals, I spent $54 and saved $44, but let me explain...
It started with the NyQuil. It was on sale for $5 each. Spend $20, get $10 in Register Rewards. Done! Then the Pepsi products...the 12-packs (I got 5 but you can't see them all) were 5/$15 and the chips were $2 each...spend another $20 between the chips and drinks, get $10 in RR. So that was the first purchase. Total spent=$43 plus $20 in RR.
The 2nd purchase was the Red Baron pizzas, on sale 2/$5 and I had a $1 coupon. They are regualrly $4.99 each, but I got 2/$4! The General Mills cereals were 2/$5, so I stocked up on my fave, Cheerios and Eric's/the boys' fave, Cinnamon Toast Crunch. The cups were $5, also. After I used $10 in RR toward this purchase, I paid $11 total! And I still have another $10 in RR, which I think I will use on 2 packs of diapers (2/$20 plus $2 in RR -$10 in RR= 2/$10 with $2 in RR left over!)! Whew!

Ok,the explanation alone made me tired. I am glad you saved lots of money though. I shop for things there a lot. They have the cheapest can of natural almonds that I have been able to find.
ReplyDeleteHey, I was so glad to pass along the Register Rewards savings to another mom! With two sick kids I have not had any time to look at my Wal-Greens and coupon stuff. Now that everyone is getting better I need to get back with it! Thanks for leaving a comment!
ReplyDelete