Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Our Baby is ONE!

Our Sweet Caroline turned ONE on June 2nd! I cannot believe it...simply CANNOT. It seems like yesterday we found out she'd be coming a little earlier than we expected. She made her arrival on a Tuesday at 2:15pm. She was our smallest baby weighing in at 8lbs. 1oz. and was 19 and 3/4 inches long. Her Daddy, brothers, and I immediatley loved her...and everyone else followed suit. She had a rough first few days at home being plugged into the wall in my room wrapped in her bili light and having a mama with major headaches, but we got passed it! Her Papa Doc passed away 8 days after she was born, so she went with me and Eric and the boys to the funeral home for his visitation at 10 days old. It was her first major outing. It was also mine and Eric's 10th anniversary. Being her mommy for the past year has been more than I could have imagined. She has filled our lives with lots of love and laughter! She truly has completed our family.

On June 2nd, she celebrated with a party at her Mimi and Papa's house. They were going to be out of town for her birthday party, so Mimi decided to host one at her house. Mrs. Kathy Cubley made her cupcake cake, and Nan made her an outfit with a cupcake applique' to wear. Mimi also bought her a pink cupcake dress to wear! I decorated with pinks and green and made a banner to celebrate her big day! Her cousins on her Daddy's side all came to the party (the only ones missing were Dylan and Alex), so you know she had fun! She didn't care too much for her cake, but I bet that will change in time! She opened presents with her Daddy and loved her new toys. On Friday, June 4th, we had a party for her at our house. The theme was ladybugs! I used the same colors to decorate for that party. Nan made her a ladybug outfit (sew cute!) and her ladybug cake. It couldn't have been better. She had fun opening presents with Mama and making a mess on the floor with her cake! Enjoy the pics of our Sweet Caroline.
 Party set-up at Mimi and Papa's house

Birthday banner I copied from the web

Her cupcake cake and smash cake from Mrs. Kathy

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!

Mostly making a mess with her cake instead of eating it

Opening presents with Daddy...her brothers gave her the puppies, which she LOVED!

With Dr. Rao before her shots on June 3rd...she weighed 19lbs. 3 oz! We love Dr. Rao and Tara and Keisha!

Some of her birthday decor at home!

Birthday table

Her ladybug cake from Nan...the ladybug was her smash cake! SO CUTE!

The birthday girl with Nan and Grandad, looking at Uncle Will

One of her favorite faces...this girl cracks us up!

Opening presents with Mama

With Sara Beth Hart...she was just over 1 month!

With Aunt Kim and Emma Grace!

Playing with her kitchen from Emma Grace..she loves that thing! And so do her brothers...ha!

Daddy's girl!





2 comments:

  1. How stinkin' cute! Love the cakes and the outfits! How fun. I can't believe she is one already. Happy birthday sweet girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a blessing, Crystal! You light up when you talk about her. She's is so blessed to have a mommy, a daddy, and 2 big brothers who adore her so much!

    ReplyDelete