Saturday, September 4, 2010

15 months! (and a stomach bug)

Sweet Caroline turned 15 months old Thursday. Time sure does fly! Christy and I were talking about how fast the past 15 months have gone, and she said, "She's our last baby!" Yep, she is! Now someone else can have the babies for us to hold! I took Caroline for her photo shoot yesterday, and while the pictures turned out great, I almost didn't make it home. Caden got sick with a raging stomach virus about 4:00 Wednesday morning. Eric got it about 11:00 Thursday night. I got it at the photo shoot. Well, that's not exactly accurate. I knew I was feeling pretty bad but prayed I would make it home. Not so! I had to stop at a gas station on the way home...it wasn't one of my better moments. Last night was, um, well...I'm glad it's over. I have never felt that bad wth a stomach virus. It was quick and violent, and I'm tired and sore today. We are praying John Collier and Caroline won't get it. We've sanitized and washed and bleached, so we'll see. Enjoy these pics of our sweet girl.

Always on the move! She really started walking good a couple weeks ago, and she's pretty fast.

Sweet smiley girl

Can't resist that grin

I know it's sideways, so until I can figure out how to change it, try not to get a crick in your neck!

Mischevious, but sweet!

Okay, I hate the whole cheesy, fake background thing, but look at that face!

More bad fake background, but a precious girl

Same thing...don't get a crick. Check out those blue eyes. We love this little girl!

Caroline Addison at 15 months:
*I have turned into "Mommy" instead of "Mama" when she calls me...and I love it. She did that on her own starting Thursday.
*She says "Dada" in a much sweeter voice than she says "Mama."
*She is completely on table food...yay!
*She is in a size 3 diaper.
*She will fuss at her brothers if they are bothering her! She says, "Dop!" when she wants them to stop something.
*She likes to drop things and say "Uh-oh!" whether on purpose or accidentally.
*She has a million expressions and will gladly show them off.
*Her Daddy taught her the "touchdown" signal today, in honor of LSU's season opener tonight (he is also making duck gumbo tonight...wish I felt more like eating it!).
*She will fuss to go to Nan when I am holding her...that is just not right! She's supposed to prefer her Mama above everyone else.
*She had her first up-close encounter with Grandad's cows last Sunday, the 29th. She even got to pet a tiny black calf and loved it. She was "mooing" to the cows!
*She takes 2 naps a day and sleeps 12 hours at night! Bedtime is around 6:30 and she will wake up anywhere from 6:30-7:00 in the morning.
*She has 3 of her molars and has done well with them.
*She says "cup" better than anything else.
*She will sign "all done" when she is finished eating.
*She stilll loves the "lovey" Laura gave her before she was born and sleeps with it every night. It's the first thing she grabs when I lay her down in her crib. She has one more at MeMaw and PawPaw's in her bed there (Muney made it for her), and she has one for her carseat that Mimi gave her.
*She will give kisses and hugs upon request...if she feels like it. :)
*She is still changing our lives for the better every single day. Thank you, Lord, for choosing us to be her family.

2 comments: