This is more of what we've been up to lately...
Caden got Straight A's for his 1st 9 weeks in 1st Grade!!!
Big Brother also got Straight A's!!!
We went to the Louisiana State Fair on Thursday, November 4th...Caden loved the helicopter!
John Collier loved the train...of course!
This was Caroline's first trip to the fair. Last year when we were all supposed to go with Nan and Grandad, she wound up very sick and was hospitalized beginning the next day. The boys got to go by themselves (with the grandparents!) though. This year she loved the carousel...LOVED the carousel!
The boys in front of the alligator "dog" house...you can kind of see his tail
Our 3 with Nanners and Grandad...not sure why Nan and Caroline are looking wistfully away! :)
Caroline and her Daddy...they rode both carousels!
Okay, let me explain. It was not my goal to get the perfect redneck Christmas photo, but it appears I have done just that. The story goes something like this...we set out on Thursday, the 11th, to run up to Academy to quickly get a scope for Eric's rifle. Academy didn't have the rings he needed to mount the thing, so we could not purchase there. The next logical thing to do was go to Dick's Sporting Goods, on the other side of town. After much wavering in that store, a decision was made and we headed to the check-out counter to meet the sales guy with the scope...only to be told they were out of that scope and had no idea when it would be restocked. Back to the hunting section...no dice. By this time, our children are (not quietly) hungry and we head to Burger King, thinking "This will be quick"...and on the way up stupid Youree Drive to I-20 to get to Bass Pro. We waited for forever and eventually had to pull around to the other side of the building and wait some more while they found, killed, boiled, deboned, breaded, and fried the chicken for the boys' nuggets. At this point, it is past Caroline's bedtime. Eric is being super patient...remember HE is the reason we are on this wild goose chase to begin with. So, with Happy Meals in hand, we proceed to Eric's favorite store ever...Bass Pro. The boys were super excited when we pulled into the parking lot...they had decorated for Christmas. The store was covered in lights and had all kinds of Christmas displays outside. I was thinking, "We're almost done. We're almost done. We're almost done." So, we head inside and make our way to the bathrooms then around to the elevator...and what do you know? Santa has made a special trip from the North Pole to see what the local children want for Christmas. Of course, we HAD to go talk to Santa. I didn't realize they took pictures and gave you a free copy. It's almost identical to the one above, which I took...'cause what redneck Mama wouldn't be proud of those little boys, right?! After speaking to St. Nick, Mrs. Claus gave them candy canes and they played in some of the super neat activity areas set up around Santa's workshop. JC loved the train, and Caden loved the race cars. Caroline and Eric observed. A sweet girl in elf attire handed me our picture and I thanked her. On the way upstairs to look at scopes, I opened the envelope to discover the perfect redneck Christmas picture...I mean who else besides rednecks would wear a non-matching, sleeveless tshirt with camo pants or a "Who Dat?" shirt in their Santa pics? Eric thinks it's perfect. Of course he does. I am happy to report that after 2 1/2 hours, he has a new scope. Better kill a big one this year!!!
Dishing to Santa
That weekend, their Alabama cousins came in for Kristin's baby shower. Saturday we went to Kid City followed by Chuck E. Cheese where Lindz, Mo, Stace, Nicholas, and Anne Michele joined us. Fun, fun!
Caroline stayed with Mimi and Papa. Lindz, Stace, Kristin, and I enjoyed our visit while these 7 monkeys spent all their tokens.
The week before Thanksgiving, our church held our 1st ever "Be the Church Week." We had different mission projects every night. Monday I went to church and served dinner for anyone in the community. Tuesday was a carnival at Sutton Children's Hospital. Wednesday, the boys and I helped with the Christmas store at Heritage Manor South. We passed out present in the Alzheimer's wing, then helped a gentleman spend his monopoly money in the Christmas store. When we left, Caden said, "I don't know about y'all, but I had a great time!" Thursday was another mission opportunity at the HUB downton, feeding and clothing homeless people. Friday night the boys and I went to the SB Rescue Mission, also downtown. The pic above is of them helping one of their new friends build a treasure box. It was a great week, and I am so glad my children are getting the opportunity to be involved in missions from a young age!













Wow! The Wibbens have been busy! How do you do it? Thanks for letting me come over yesterday. SB and I really enjoyed our time with you and your kiddos!
ReplyDeleteWhat a precious family! Lots of priceless pictures of kiddos, hubby, and grands....but where's the picture of Crystal! I want to see the look on YOUR face after all that activity! haha!
ReplyDeleteBran- We are so glad y'all got to come too! Caden really likes SB!
ReplyDeleteMrs. Jonell-You know the mama is always the one taking the pictures! I am seldom in one! That's not necessarily a bad thing. ;)