Sunday, July 12, 2009

A wedding, one tuxedo, 2 stomach bugs, and 9 pounds




















About the pictures: Caroline and her Daddy at Clint and Kristen's wedding...he has been making her smile so big! Her eyes are still blue! Caden was the ring bearer, and he did a great job even though the flower girl, his new cousin Skylar, had to be coaxed down the aisle! The other picture is of John Collier that Skylar took...not one of his most flattering, but oh well! Congrats to Clint and Kristen!!!


This has been a fun week...Tuesday I woke up with a raging stomach bug and all that that entails, but still decided to take Caroline to her weight-check appointment. I was relieved to know she weighs a little over 9 pounds now, but here's a tip...don't go to the pediatrician when you, as the parent, are ill. Before the appointment, I had not thrown up. Once we got there, that was a different story. Not easy to throw up while holding a 5-week-old infant. We went home and camped out in my bed for the rest of the day. That leads us to Wednesday, when Eric woke up with the stomach bug. Same song, second verse. By Thursday, we had our fingers crossed that the boys, especially Caden, would not get it...so far, so good! We picked Caden's tux up Friday afternoon, and he could not wait to get it on! He looked so cute...first time in a tux!!! The wedding was great. That brings us to today. We are at our usual Sunday afternoon spot...my parents' house. The boys are swimming with LJ and Marcus and Eric will soon be fishing in the pond...ah, the life! Sure it nice to have a "weekend retreat!" Thanks, Mom and Dad!








3 comments:

  1. Girl, I hope you are feeling better. You take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! I hate the stomach bug more than anything else! Glad to hear the kids steered clear! Looking forward to enjoying that weekend retreat with you soon. Mom goes to the dr. on tues. so then we can settle on a date to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pics are great! Wish I could have seen you yesterday, but it seems y'all were having too much fun at your parents house! Lovin' Caroline's blue eyes! Glad to hear your are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete